EHS announcements for the week of October 13th, 2016

Hi and welcome to the Englewood High school announcements for the week of October 13th… I’m Kat Ryan…

and I’m Louis Bernard. There have been many rumors of creepy clowns being spotted in our neighborhoods here in Englewood. Anyone with a social media platform has heard of these “creepy Clown” sightings all over the United States, no one is quite sure how the trend started, or why. There’s a lot of rumors around the phenomenon. We’re here to find out whats happening and how you can stay safe.

A clown wearing a white suit and carrying balloons has been alledgedly spotted walking down the street after dark in several different neighborhoods during the month of September. There has been sightings all over Colorado; Sheridan,Longmont, and even here in Englewood. Although, many news channels are saying the sightings are not credible, experts say it’s better safe than sorry. Here’s what Officer Watts of the Englewood Police Department had to say on the matter.

(roll sound)

Experts say always ask a credible source before posting to social media about something that may be a hoax.

We all know there is a huge election coming up in November. Those of you who are 18 should be registered to vote in the presidential election. But many students here in Englewood are wondering why they should care about the election. the Pirateer newspaper is putting together a story you need to read. It explains the issues you will face and why you need to take part in the election. The newspaper also has a story about the englewood schools bond election that will happen on election day as well. The newspaper is out next week. make sure you get a copy.

“Are you worried about grades? Every Wednesday starting this week, there will be an after school tutoring session from 3:30-4:30! The tutors will be providing delicious snacks to get that brain running!

Come support ELA at Chipotle: October 13 from 4 to 8 we get 50% of the cost of any meal ordered during that time – tell your friends, tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW! You don’t need to present a flier for us to get credit – they can tell the cashier when they pay. YEAH – let’s rock this!!! (PS – Most other places give us 10 or 20% so let’s really take advantage of the 50%!)

Yearbook class is in the process of selling this years edition. It is only $45 and will be worth every penny! Seniors, don’t miss this chance to get your last yearbook! You can order your yearbook online at Balfour.com. Your parents can make a special yearbook page there as well! That’s Balfour.com!

Also, please remember seniors, the deadline for senior pictures has passed. You need to talk to Ms. Shotts about the special senior picture day coming up in a few weeks.

EHS Choirs is hosting a Vocal Arts Fundraising Gala in collaboration with Visual, Culinary, and Theater Arts classes on Thursday, November 10th at 6:45 pm. This is an Open House Performance Event that will be held in the Middle School spine for a unique and fun evening of music, hors d’oeuvres visual art, silent auction, and more! Student ticket rates will be available and tickets will go on sale soon. Students and their families, Staff, and Community Members are all invited. More information to come!

It is fall. the weather is getting cooler. Here’s a look at your forecast.

(roll video)

In sports, your englewood pirate football team is doing pretty well this year. we had a chance to talk to some of our star players about the season, the new workouts and how they approach each game.

(roll tape)

Lets turn to volleyball… the girls team is doing well and we want to know what the team is like and how they get those wins.

(roll)

here are the Activities for the rest of the week

Friday, October 14: No School for students V Football vs. Kent Denver – 7:00 pm, its senior night! saturday- October 15: Robotics Competition – South field house – 8:00 am

Have a great week!