EHS announcements February 16th, 2017

PirateTV

Hello and welcome to the EHS announcements for the week of February 17th.

When you look around school, you may notice a lot of students didn’t show up. It may be in response to a Facebook post making the rounds. The post urges families to take part in something called “A day without immigrants”. It asks all undocumented, residents, citizens, immigrants from all over the world to not attend work, businesses, no shopping on line, no eating in restaurants or go to classes. It is hoped this sends a message to the president that without this group of people and its contribution, this country would be paralyzed. The slogan is “we might lose a day of work but we will win so much more.

There are so many issues around financial aid and seniors may seem overwhelmed. The tool, known as LendEDU Financial Aid Hotline, is a free text-in service. the number is (302) 278-4037, and you will receive a detailed response from the team within 15 minutes.

Englewood National Honors Society is hosting their annual Spring Blood Drive today! Please be on time for your appointment. Every donation you make can save three lives, and as an added bonus, NHS will credit you with two hours of community service that count toward your graduation requirements.

Englewood High School is excited to announce a new partnership with DriveSafe Driving Schools. With your student’s participation, we will raise money for our school! We are now offering both the DriveSafe State-certified online program and their in-class 30-hour program. The 30-hour in-class program is offered at any one of DriveSafe’s 10 locations. The online course is 100% online, no textbooks or software needed.

The musical Drowsy chaperone is coming up the first weekend in March. Here’s a preview of what you can expect.

(roll)

We have our Festival Concert on March 9 featuring Englewood High School band and orchestra performing literature they have prepared for upcoming competitions. The concert begins at 7pm in Fisher Auditorium and all are welcome to attend!

Yearbook class is selling the 2016-2017 yearbook. It is only $45 and will be worth every penny! Seniors, don’t miss the chance to get your last yearbook! You can order the yearbook online at Balfour.com. Your parents can also make a special yearbook page there as well! That’s Balfour.com!

Come support After Prom at Chipotle fund raiser on Wednesday, March 1st from 4:00-8:00 pm.

In sports, on Friday, the JV and varsity girls basketball teams will take on skyview the first game is at 5:30.

Finally, we spent time this week talking to you about your special talent. Some of you can do tricks…

(roll)

Have a great week!!!