Expect new schedule soon

New schedule change

New schedule change

Midori Martinez-Palmer, Staff Writer

Students at the TEC campus will start the 2017-2018 school year at a new time. District officials have been working with the public, teachers, administrators and instructional experts to divide up the school day into pieces that make the most of the time students spend in school.

A first glance at the new schedule gives students a start time of 8:15 next year instead of 8:20, “If school starts 10 minutes earlier next year, that would suck because classes are already long as they are and I feel like we need more rest.” Jordyn Peoples (10)

The day starts earlier, but it also ends earlier. The new schedule also does away with the long Enrichment time on Thursdays and replaces it with AVID instruction time for all students. The changing schedule is a concern of many students who have seen time changes every year they have been at Englewood High school, “Since my freshman year, we never kept a schedule. Every year it has changed and it has been really annoying and irritating. We shouldn’t have to change the schedule every year. We need to figure out a schedule and stick with it,” says Brittany Castro (12). She would like to see school start a bit later, “In my opinion, the school day should start at 8:30 and should end at 3:30 so students can get extra sleep and better time to get ready for the day.”

The new schedule is still being updated. The Pirateer will release it as soon as it becomes available. Check www.thepirateer.com for updates.