PirateTV announcements for November 8, 2017

Good morning and welcome to PIrateTV announcements. I’m courtnae berry..

and I’m carlos martinez.

Numerous violent incidents over the past week have students at TEC uneasy. the shooting at the Thorton walmart and the shooting inside a church in Texas seem to be far away and not impactful, but our counselors say, these incidents can have an effect on you in ways you may not realize. Shy Clanton tells us more.

(PKG)

Just a reminder… Please follow the five commitments to creating a learning environment where every one of our students has the opportunity to be successful.

(fs)

Commit to being an engaged learner in the classroom

cell phones are not to be seen or heard during class time.

Commit to expecting to learn in a non-disruptive environment everyday

All students are expected to be in classrooms or in the Commons (if they have an off period).

Commit to being where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. Campus is now closed to all freshmen (and all students grade 6-9).

Commit to keeping your school clean and a place you are proud of

Food and trash in the hallways is becoming a problem. Katie Moraja has our story.

(pKg)

Also, Mr. West wants us to commit to taking pride in your words, your appearance, and your actions

“EHS Choirs is hosting the Arts Fundraising Gala in collaboration with Visual, Culinary, and Theater Arts classes this Thursday, November 9th , at 6:30pm in the Commons.

(cg)

Music will be provided by each Choir, along with student, staff and guest performers. Food, Student Art for Sale, and a Silent Auction will also be a part of this fun evening of music and arts. Visit our school or district website, and scroll to the Vocal Arts Gala ticket link to purchase Student and Adult tickets!

Our cafeteria staff is learning and growing just like our students taking classes with LiveWell.

(cg)

The staff took advantage of our recent half day to get more information about food safety from state experts. That continueing education goes a long way in keeping our food healthy, tasty and fresh.

In advisory, we are holding a canned food drive competition over the next 2 weeks. The class with the most cans collected will win a root beer float party and bragging rights.

(sot) Shanna Cook/Bookeeper

Give your gently used coats and other winter wear (scarves,gloves,hats) some new life by donating them to kids and families in need.

(vo)

We are accepting all sizes, from toddlers to adults. Drop off location is in the health office and we will be collecting through the 10th of November.

A reminder to all seniors, please submit your senior picture to the yearbook.

(cg)

Ms. Shotts has extended the deadline until the end of November. Please make arrangements with her if you can’t make that happen.

Just a reminder to all seniors…

that Herff Jones will be on November 14th to take orders for cap and gowns for graduation. They will be in the spine outside of the main office from 9:15-3:50.

Attention Wrestlers.

(vo)

Meet today after school at 3:45 in the wrestling room for preseason workouts. All wrestlers and anyone planning to join the wrestling team should attend. Be sure to bring workout clothes for takedown drills and conditioning.

(sot)

All students interested in playing lacrosse,

(fscg)

there is a mandatory player/parent meeting, Wednesday, November 8th from 6:30-8:00, food is provided. Please join us and learn what is expected to prepare for the spring season.

Have a great week!