The Pirateer

• April 3Don't get springs fever! Finish the year strong

• April 3 Do you have a story to share? Tell a Pirateer staff member!

The Daniels fund

Does+work
Does work

Does work

Does work

Oryan Butler, staff writer

“I have been selected as a semi-finalist for the Boettcher scholarship,” Daniel Martins (12) said. He is not hiding his excitement. He is thrilled to have made it through the process to become a semi-finalist. Martins and Maria Alsubhi are the two students who made it this far this year.   

The Boettcher Foundation Scholarship supports Colorado’s high-potential graduating seniors by providing them with a full-ride scholarship to attend a Colorado college or university.

Students all around the state vie for the Boettcher and the Daniels Scholarship as a way to get an education without the debt. The Daniels is a challenging program that provides the chance to obtain a four-year college education at any nonprofit college or university in the United States, complete with financial and personal support throughout the journey. 

Martins says he worked really hard to get this scholarship by doing many things, including a writing portion, “I know it’s kinda cliche’ but the writing portion of applying to things is really the most important because that’s where you can get out your character and also show how to kind of go through life.”

He says he included lessons and life’s struggles, “if you’re confident enough to do that with integrity and character, I think that’s what made mine different.” 

Martins got help from a former EHS winner, “We’ve had couple scholars in the past like Kayla Steffens who helped me out with the application.”

Good grades, community service, and great writing skills set Martins and Alsubhi apart from the crowd. Alsubhi says when she was asked what she likes to do and why she included some quirky collections, “I told the panel I collect souvenirs like snow globes, receipts, and old plane tickets to remind me of the best days of my life.”

On January 27th, they find out if they are finalists. On March 7, 8 and 9th the finalists are interviewed. 42 are chosen for the scholarships. Alsubhi plans to use the money at either DU or CU-Boulder. Martins is looking at the University of Denver. 

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The Daniels fund”

1. Shivam chaubey on December 15th, 2017 10:02 pm

Hello Admin,
    Nice information shared by you Your blog seems really helpful for the community and students career sector.
    We also want to draw your attention towards American Psychological Association Graduate Student Scholarships. Students at any stage of graduate study are encouraged to apply can apply. Students at any stage of graduate study can apply. Graduate students enrolled in an interim master’s program or doctoral program are eligible to apply.
    Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
    get more information through the given link: https://www.developingcareer.com/american-psychological-association-graduate-student-scholarships/
    You can also check our homepage for other latest updates. The link is: http://www.developingcareer.com/

[Reply]

2. Ray on December 16th, 2017 2:39 am

Hello Admin,

It is very nice that your blog is providing information regarding the program. I want to aware you towards the “General University Scholarship Program at University of Oregon”. The program is open to undergraduate and graduate student who have 3.50 cumulative GPA, and law students who have 3.25 cumulative GPA.

Application Deadline is January 15, 2018.

For more information you can go through –
    https://www.developingcareer.com/general-university-scholarship-program-university-oregon/

You can also join our Facebook page for the updates. The link
    https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Daniels fund

School

First day of school!

• The Daniels fund

Student Life

Acid/Base reaction lesson in full color

• The Daniels fund

School

A nature walk around the TEC campus (in spring)

• The Daniels fund

News

Second Chances: A 79-year-old Veteran will walk during EHS graduation

• The Daniels fund

School

Rachel’s Challenge: A day without hate

• The Daniels fund

School

Teacher photo essay: EHS at its best

• The Daniels fund

Student Life

How to make a birthday a big deal

• The Daniels fund

News

Talk of gravitation pulls students in

• The Daniels fund

Student Life

Get your tickets to Prom (soon) Time is running out!

• The Daniels fund

News

Photo essay: Students rocket to success in Physics

The student news site of Englewood High School
The Daniels fund