Cheer ready to fight to keep their crown as Colorado 7 League Champions

Bria+Look+%2812%29+stands+on+top+of+a+pyramid+during+a+recent+football+game.+

Stormie Martinez

Bria Look (12) stands on top of a pyramid during a recent football game.

Rhayonna Trujillo, Pirateer Staff

Englewood High School Cheer settles down from an exciting football season to crack down and train, ready to fight to keep their crown as Colorado 7 League Champions.

Englewood Cheers have had success cheering on all fall sports, but now most fall sports are over, it’s time for Cheers to get down to business. Englewood Cheers is made up of three teams: A football team, Competition team, and Basketball Team. The Competition team has been working four days a week, from 4-6pm perfecting dances and stunts. Colorado 7 League is at the start of November, ” This season has definitely been an exciting one! So far we’ve been weightlifting, conditioning, working on new skills, and cheering on our football team,” says senior Bria Look. She says she loves supporting fall sports, “Our team has enjoyed this season so much and being able to support our other sports programs. We congratulate them on their successes and now that fall sports are winding down it’s our crunch time.”

Getting ready to compete, “is huge for us,” says Look, “We currently hold the title as Colorado 7 League champions and it’s a position we would like to keep. I’m overwhelmingly proud of our team this season and I believe that we can take home that 1st place title for the second year in a row.”

The cheerleaders have been learning new stunts, tumbling, dances and cheers. The team grows as a family, “Cheer is going through a rough patch and feeling stressed.

We have our first competition and we are learning our routine and making it 1st place worthy once again. I know these ladies and our coach and it will be amazing and we will hold our title,” says Casey Kohler (12). She has been on the team all four years of high school.