Un-FORE-gettable

Englewood High School says goodbye to Principal Jonathan Fore

Ms. Shotts

Mr. Fore mugs for the camera in his office

Sophia Vamvakias, Editor in Chief

“You guys all made me a better person,” said principal Jonathan Fore as he contemplated his career here at Englewood High School.
This year is Principal Jonathan Fore’s last year at Englewood High School. He has lead Englewood High School and Englewood Leadership Academy for seven years and has been a principal in Englewood Public Schools for 18.
Throughout his time working for Englewood Public Schools, Fore made many wonderful memories while serving the youth of Englewood.
“The greatest memory for sure has been seeing students I’ve known for really 18 years, practically, grow up. I’ve been lucky to see kids go from kindergarten to 12 grade and graduate and do really awesome things,” Fore said.

“The greatest memory for sure has been seeing students I’ve known for really 18 years

— Mr. Fore

“Everyone always has been super supportive and I’ve made a lot of good relationships here. I’ll miss just working with people day in and day out to hopefully make a better experience for the youth.”
Not only have the students given Mr. Fore great memories, but Mr. Fore has also made a tremendous impact on students and the schools.
“When I got into a bit of trouble he was the first person to actually care about what I did and was actually concerned about me. He’s there for you despite him not actually knowing you. He’s a really good guy,” said RJ Rivera (11).
During his time as principal of EHS and ELA, Mr. Fore was able to increase the number of AP, CTE, and concurrent enrollment classes offered. He was also able to provide students with the opportunity to participate in STEM classes, Robotics classes, the Fabrication Lab, Culinary Art classes, and Pro-Start. Under his leadership, the convergent media classes have grown, and students have been given many more opportunities.
Truly he has created a great environment for the students of EHS to find their passions, learn critical academics, and grow as individuals.
“I think he’s a good principal because he supports the programs regardless of what they are. He’s always kind to people, especially the students. I’m in band and Mr. Fore is always helping band. He’s contributed so much and he’s always there for us and encouraging us. He’s encouraged me and helped me while I was in band” said Page Langley (12).
For the next chapter of his life, Mr. Fore has a wide array of paths to choose from.
“I’m old enough and I have enough years in I could retire, so I’m looking at that. I’m looking at some jobs of working with people with disabilities. My older brother, who’s since past, was pretty severely disabled, and I always said, if I had the time in my life that I would get a job working with people with disabilities of one type or another,” Fore said.
“I’ve had some folks approach me about being principal at other schools. Some people said I need to become a fishing guide, because somehow they know I like to fish. I’m not exactly sure, like today, what I’m going to do, but I have different options that I’m kind of just trying to feel my way around.”
Regardless of what’s next for Mr. Fore, there is no doubt that he has touched many lives, made many positive changes for the Englewood Community, and has also had the chance to personally grow.
“I want to express gratitude for my time in Englewood and certainly for the last seven years here at the high school. It was a wonderful opportunity. I learned a lot. I think I grew a lot as a professional, and it allowed me to have even more relationships with young people and community members. It was just a great experience for me. I look back on it and I’m just really thankful for everybody,” Fore said.