Categories:

Too Soon!

How Soon is Too Soon for holiday decorations to start popping up in stores?
One of the most used decorations for Halloween are carved pumpkins.
https://images.app.goo.gl/wAVQc66kosxVoGu36
One of the most used decorations for Halloween are carved pumpkins. https://images.app.goo.gl/wAVQc66kosxVoGu36

Halloween decorations are popping up in August at stores around the metro area. It is controversial and everyone has an opinion about how soon is too soon for decorations to debut.

Halloween is the time for spooks and scares so it’s nice to be able to find decorations and costumes that suit your needs. 

Spirit Halloween is one of the biggest Halloween stores in the country.

Some students don’t mind it being early, but not too early, “Anytime before September 12th,” says Cameron Mawhinney (25).  But for some, it is never too early, “Never. Because I love Halloween!” Lucky Frazier (26) said. 

No store seems to be excluded from adding decor and displays early, “I feel like all of them like King Soopers and Lowe’s, Home Depot, those type of stores,” freshman English teacher Lindsey Crenwelge said. She says everyone can agree, and the same will happen with Christmas decorations, “It’s just widely celebrated,” Cameron Mawhinney (25) said. The many Spirit Halloween stores around the area also give numerous ways to express yourself through costumes and props.

Around $12.2 billion dollars in sales are made during Halloween season.

One cause for concern seems to be the in-between. Some students say Thanksgiving is always skipped. Being in the middle of these two behemoths, students say there are barely any decorations in stores for Thanksgiving and if there are they’re tucked away behind all of the other decor. 

Donate to The Pirateer
$161
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Englewood High School - CO. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.