EHS announcements 2/28/2017

Hello and welcome to the Pirate TV announcements for March 1st.

You may have seen in the news this week that President Trump rescinded protections for transgender students that had allowed them to use bathrooms corresponding with their gender identity. Mr.West wants to be very clear on this, TEC Staff at all three schools remain committed to the rights of ALL of our students and have created an environment here where we go out of our way to make sure that ALL of our students feel welcome and safe. Mr.West stands in complete agreement with our Superintendent, Dr. Wendy Rubin, on this issue as being one that is a non-negotiable.

School leaders are becoming concerned with the volume of Safe-2-tell reports from all 3 of our schools. This system is designed to report serious issues that need immediate attention, such as suicidal thoughts, drug abuse, criminal neglect, and extreme bullying. The concern is that it has been used a lot recently for simple name calling, parent-to-parent issues, and even as a form of anonymous bullying by reporting students for things that are not true. Each of these calls involve a police officer. Reports of non urgent items can be handled just as efficiently by simply reporting them to any administrator or teacher.

New Course Navigator!!: Parents and students, a NEW Navigator website has been developed to assist you in planning for a successful high school experience. This guide contains the requirements that you must meet in order to graduate from Englewood High School. It also contains brief descriptions of all the courses offered and information regarding student expectations at Englewood High School.

8th grade parent night: Parents of all 8th grade students are invited to a Parent Information Night on Wednesday, March 1st, at 5:30 in Fisher Auditorium. The program will focus on the transition to high school, graduation requirements, and any other questions you may have as your sons and daughters move on to high school next year.

The After Prom Committee is looking for parent names and emails of our juniors and seniors so that they can send out information about upcoming meetings, opportunities to volunteer and for general information about After Prom. Prom is Saturday, May 6th. there is also an Englewood High School After Prom facebook page.

(roll)EHS Musical: The EHS Drama department is proud to present “The Drowsy Chaperone” on March 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. This is actually a musical and comedy all in one. The Curtain is at 7:00 all three nights along with a 2:00 matinee on Saturday the 4th.

A few things about the Yearbook! First, seniors, get your senior quote in! You have until Friday. Also, the yearbook class is in the process of selling the 2016-2017 yearbook. It is only $45 and will be worth every penny! Seniors, don’t miss the chance to get your last yearbook! You can order the yearbook online at Balfour.com. Your parents can also make a special yearbook page there as well! That’s Balfour.com!

Proud to be an American assembly: On Friday, March 10th, EHS, EMS, and ELA will all be honored as “Proud to be an American” schools. This award is presented annually to one site in Colorado for their dedication to promoting patriotism and honoring those who have served our country. We would like to extend an open invitation to any community members who would like to attend the ceremony, specifically those who have served our country. It starts at 8:45 in the EHS Field house.

Also, join us for our 3rd year to have a Memorial Day celebration at englewood highschool. It will be held on Sunday May 28. it starts at 1:30 Outside near the Memorial Monument.

(roll)Personalized Pavers for Veterans Memorial are available at TEC: Are you interested in purchasing an engraved paver that would be installed right next to the Veterans Memorial on the TEC campus? we have information on thepirateer.com

There will be a Football meeting for all athletes who want to participate in Pirate Football for next season on Monday, March 6th at 3:45 in the team room. If you have any interest in playing this spring or next Fall you need to attend the meeting. If you have any questions contact Coach Graves.

Tennis, Lacrosse, track and girls soccer are underway! You can still join the teams, but you need to talk to the individual coaches because practices have already started. We talked to one student on the lacrosse team about the upcoming season!

(roll)

Have a great week!!!