The Pirateer

• April 3Don't get springs fever! Finish the year strong

• April 3 Do you have a story to share? Tell a Pirateer staff member!

Filed under Showcase, Videos

EHS announcements 1/17/2018

(c)Hello and welcome to the Pirateer announcements for the week of January 15th, 2018.

(s)Registration will be taking place less than a month from now. We are working hard to make sure that we are offering the most meaningful and rigorous classes to you.

(vo)

Please make sure you are up to date on the assignments in Naviance. They are also required for graduation. If you are having any issues, please see a counselor.

(c)”Do you have talent, hidden talent, or ability yet to be discovered?

(vo)

Choir Auditions and Interviews for the 2018-2019 Choir groups are here Wed., Jan. 17th, Wed., Jan. 31st, and Thur., Feb. 8th. Sign-up times for an “Audition”, OR a short non-auditioned “Interview”, are on the choir room door in the Arts hallway!”

(s)We have one person in this building who is responsible for making sure our sports teams are coordinated with our rivals, makes sure your fees and uniforms are paid or provided… and so much more.

Here we look at the day in the life of MaryHelen Friesen.

(NATPKG)

(c)And congratulations to the staff of the Pirateer newsmagazine.

(vo)

Students took home 3rd place in the state competition with its article about Free Speech and how it is applied here in Englewood.

(s)We have one specific person in Englewood Highschool that does their best to keep us safe from anyone who tries to cause harm in our school. Not only does he keep watch on our school but also interacts with students when walking around in the halls. We took a closer look at Englewood Police Officer Orion Watts and what he does every day.

(NATPKG)

(c)And in sports, The wrestling team hosted 16 teams and 190 wrestlers this weekend in historic Englewood Fieldhouse for the 2018 Englewood Pirates Invitational.

(vo)

Your wrestlers were led by Senior 182 lb. Dwight Anderson as he pinned his first-round opponent. In the JV division freshman 126 lb. Jaheim Young pinned his first round opponent and had a thrilling overtime match in quarterfinals. Your wrestlers will host a Tri-Meet this Wednesday against Chatfield and Denver South. Wrestling begins at 6:00 PM Way to go wrestlers!

(s)Any girls interested in playing soccer this Spring are encouraged to attend morning practices from 7-8 in the field house on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

there is a boys basketball game Wednesday against Denver West. and Thursday the boys take on Fort Lupton at home. The girls basketball game away at fort Lupton Thursday.

(c)We would like to congratulate the Girls Swim team on their FABULOUS outing against Aurora Central. The Girls who swam in the JV events beat Aurora Central 25-23! Shout outs to Naomi Lumban-Gaol for her first place swims in the Varsity 100 free and Varsity 100 breaststroke; Ellie Wooldridge for her 1st place finish in the JV 50 butterfly and Katie Moraja for her first place finish in the JV 50 breaststroke. Special shout out to Paige Lincoln for dropping 30 seconds in the 500 freestyle. Don’t forget to come cheer us on in our last dual meet against TJ next Monday, January 22 at 4:30 pm!

Have a great week!!