The student news site of Englewood High School

The Pirateer

The Pirateer

The Pirateer

E.T. Tea & Pastries

Student Spotlight – Ethan Leflar
Michael Marquis
Ethan Leflar on opening day

There is a new morning Tea and Pastries stand at our school. It is called E.T. Tea & Pastries run by student Ethan Leflar. Leflar is a junior at EHS and one of our students on the Autism Spectrum.

Leflar also has Tourettes Syndrome and he is very willing to share with others how he copes with this in his day-to-day life. 

Senior Ada Brown is the president of the GSA,  “I saw Ethan’s tea shop this morning and knew I had to try some. The tea was great and so were the chocolate scones.” The pastries were made by culinary Prostart students, which Leflar also participates in.  “The prices were great and I think Ethan is doing a great job,” said Brown.

Arabella Sell is a junior at EHS and is in both cheer team and band, “It had the cutest decorations and was a nice little shop.”

Leflar’s tea shop is also drawing in the staff here at EHS. Celeste Delgado was one of several staff members to purchase some tea at the shop, “I bought some tea this morning from Ethan and it was great! I plan to buy some pastries next week as well since I couldn’t today. I had the Winter Spice tea and I loved it.”

Christien Gomez is helping Leflar out, and has some insight into why Leflar started this tea shop and what they hope to come from it, “Ethan loves tea. He’s really passionate about the health and psychological effects that tea can have on you. It helps him calm down and feel nice. So when we talk about post-graduation plans Ethan is very interested in food service in the coffee and tea industry.” With his current class schedule, Leflar cannot work outside of school, so they came up with a plan, “We worked with a few agencies and found a way for him to open his business.”

Principal Ryan West had some words of encouragement for this young entrepreneur, “I just think it’s fantastic that he has the opportunity to practice his entrepreneurial skills and learn true life skills that he will carry with him beyond high school.” West thinks that not only is the shop great, but the planning Leflar has gone through proves his ability and how he is getting ready for life, “In terms of inventory and having change and cash on hand while also offering a variety of options to both students and staff is great. And to see a smile on his face and seeing his satisfaction is truly something wonderful.”

The Englewood High School Student Government awarded Leflar an Award of Achievement for entrepreneurship and life skill training. 

Ethan will be selling throughout the remainder of the school year. 

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Pirateer
$61
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Englewood High School - CO. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.