Overdue library books

Students choose books from EHS library

Carlos Martinez

Students choose books from EHS library

Carlos Martinez, Staff Writer

Students choose books from EHS library
Carlos Martinez
Students choose books from EHS library

Everyone knows that technology is taking over our generation but there are still some people that enjoy a book, whether it’s for fun and entertainment or to study and gain more knowledge.

What if your favorite book wasn’t there, though? That’s the feeling some kids at Englewood High School feel because of all the overdue library books there are. The librarian at EHS, Mr. Hacket says, “When students don’t bring overdue library books, it really takes away from other people that are trying to enjoy a book they’ve never read.”

All the overdue library books currently are costing Englewood thousands of dollars for all the books that haven’t been returned. There are over 1000 books missing from the EHS library and people that don’t bring them back will get charged.

“It’s really frustrating when kids don’t return the books back because we want every kid to enjoy reading,” said Mr. Hacket.

Many popular books get checked out and never get returned and it might not seem like a big deal but if and when you’re a senior it’s going to cost you. If you don’t return library books when you’re a senior, you won’t graduate.

It may not seem like a big deal but when it’s costing the school thousands and keeping seniors from graduating it becomes a big deal. So be sure to look through your room, locker or anywhere you might have an overdue library book because Mr. Hacket will happily take them back.

If you can’t find your book or something happened to it, don’t keep it a secret all year. Just simply talk to Mr. Hacket and some arrangements can be made. Return your library books so other students can enjoy them and so it won’t deny anyone the fair shot of reading and gaining more knowledge.