PirateTV-October 27th, 2016 Announcements

PirateTV

PirateTV

Hello and welcome to the Englewood Pirate TV announcements for the week of October 27th.

Halloween is next week. Many schools across the country are banning certain costumes including, anything religious, trench coats, anything suggestive or provocative, and racially insensitive. Here at Englewood High school, the deans want to remind you that you are not allowed to dress up during the school day Friday or Monday. We spoke to one of the deans who gave an explanation.

(roll)

Last year, way too many seniors didn’t get they’re senior pictures taken and graduated faceless. don’t let that happen to you. get your senior picture taken in the field house on Thursday, October 27th. Here’s Ms. Shotts with more information.(Switch)

(roll)

The FASFA App day was Wednesday and Arapahoe Community college has an add in the Pirateer newspaper with some important information. here is an interview with Mrs. Hershey about the FAFSA app and what you need to know if you missed the opportunity for help.

(roll)

Ever wonder exactly what is required to put a criminal in jail – or what their rights are when arrested for a crime? Thinking of becoming a lawyer or working in the criminal justice field? Want a club that looks great on college and job applications? If so, then come join Mock Trial. There will be a short informational meeting this Wednesday, November 2nd 3:30 – 3:45 in Room 3406. If you have any questions, see Ms. Corn. Mock Trial club starts in November.(Switch)

Thursday and Friday, Jada Bagola, Ashleigh Long, Marta Mansbacker, Gabe Gravagno, and Marcos Lucero will be missing school to try out for the all State choir. We spoke to Marcos about the try-outs.

(sot)

let’s wish all five of them luck!

EHS Choirs is hosting a Vocal Arts Fundraising Gala in collaboration with Visual, Culinary, and Theater Arts classes on Thursday, November 10th at 6:45 pm. This is an Open House Performance Event that will be held in the Middle School spine for a unique and fun evening of music, food, visual art, silent auction, and more! Tickets cost cheaper if you buy them in advance, it will be $13 for youth ages 5-18, $16 for adults 19 and older, at the door tickets will cost $15 for youth and $20 for adults. Students and their families, Staff, and Community Members are all invited. See you there!(Switch)

Please save the date of November 17th for our Campus Showcase Night. This is when EMS and ELA students get to see all of the current and new programming opportunities that they will have at EHS. Also, 5th and 6th grade students and parents can come see what is happening at both Englewood Leadership Academy and Englewood Middle School. A DETAILED FLYER WILL BE SENT HOME IN THIS NEWSLETTER NEXT WEEK!!!!

A nice weekend in store for you… here’s a look at the weather.

(sot)

If you are interested in playing a Winter or Spring sport and need a

physical done, please see Ms. Kim in the Health Office to set up an

appointment.(Switch)

Activities for this week include the Varsity football game Saturday at 1:00 against Ridgeview Academy. It is an away game. This is the last game of the season.

Have a great week!