Pirate TV announcements 2/2/2017

Hello and welcome to the EHS announcements for the week of February 2nd.

Winterfest begins Monday with Pajama Day. Tuesday dress from your favorite decade. Wednesday is Captain Hook-A-Like (Dress like a pirate). Thursday is Mad Hatter Day. Come with a crazy hat or crazy hair. Friday is class color day: Freshmen wear red, Sophomores are yellow, Juniors deck out in orange, Seniors dawn their traditional blue and staff wears black.

Plan to participate in our lunch activities. We will be having our boys volleyball tournament on Friday, February 10th. Boys can start registering at the ticket table at lunch.

The class that has the highest participation and wins the spirit week for dress up, lunchtime activities and spirit activities, will receive a discount to the dance.

The dance is Saturday, February 11th. It is the Sadie Hawkins dance, so that means the girls asks the boy! So girls make sure to ask somebody! Tickets will be on sale $15.00 per person. If you are bringing a guest, do not forget to pick up an approval form from the main office.

we have a very special schedule for Tuesday, February 7th. Your counselor Patrick Maschka has all the details.

(roll)

There are so many issues around financial aid and seniors may seem overwhelmed. The tool, known as LendEDU Financial Aid Hotline, is a free text-in service. the number is (302) 278-4037, and you will receive a detailed response from the team within 15 minutes.

Choir Auditions are now underway for the 2017 – 2018 vocal groups. Will you be the next voice in ETC, Expressions, Select or EHS/Lady Pirate Singers?

Come sign up for a full audition, or a 2-minute interview, on the Choir room door in the Arts hallway. Auditions will be held each Wednesday from now through mid- February.

Englewood National Honors Society is hosting their annual Spring Blood Drive on February 17th! if you’re 16 or older, you can go to the Concessions Stand before school, after school, or during lunch to pick up your registration packet. Packets must be completed and handed back to Ms. Fuller in Room 3407 by February 14th in order for you to donate blood on Friday, February 17th. Every donation you make can save three lives, and as an added bonus, NHS will credit you with two hours of community service that count toward your graduation requirements. We spoke to two students about the event.

(roll)

Englewood High School is excited to announce a new partnership with DriveSafe Driving Schools. With your student’s participation, we will raise money for our school! We are now offering both the DriveSafe State-certified online program and their in-class 30-hour program. The 30-hour in-class program is offered at any one of DriveSafe’s 10 locations. The online course is 100% online, no textbooks or software needed.

There is a new piece of art in the library. It is a canoe made by students here at Englewood high school. It took a year to complete. Here is Mr Trujillo with more about the canoe.

(roll)

The Englewood Middle & High School bands & orchestras will be giving a unique performance on February 15, 2017 at 7pm in Fisher Auditorium. The event is called “Small Ensembles Concert.” It will include solos, duets, trios and even a staff performance! Admission is free and will be the first of its kind for Englewood Bands.

We also have our Festival Concert on March 9 featuring Englewood High School band and orchestra performing literature they have prepared for upcoming competitions. The concert begins at 7pm in Fisher Auditorium and all are welcome to attend!

Yearbook class is in the process of selling the 2016-2017 yearbook. It is only $45 and will be worth every penny! Seniors, don’t miss the chance to get your last yearbook! You can order the yearbook online at Balfour.com. Your parents can also make a special yearbook page there as well! That’s Balfour.com!

Come support After Prom at Chipotle fund raiser on Wednesday, March 1st from 4:00-8:00 pm.

A really icy start to your day today. The rest of the week looks better. Here is your weather.

(roll)

The next home boys game is this Friday on February 3. The boys will be facing Conifer High school. C team starts at 4:00, JV will start at 5:30 and Varsity will start at 7:00. Come support boys basketball!

Have a great week!!!