The Pirateer

• April 3Don't get springs fever! Finish the year strong

• April 3 Do you have a story to share? Tell a Pirateer staff member!

Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

Thomas O'Connor, Pirateer Staff

When the show opens, police officers are searching the streets with flashlights, hoping to catch criminals.  We also see Officer Lockstock (played by Kilgore Shattuck), a policeman, assisted by the street urchin Little Sally (played by Adriana Miceli). We learn about a twenty-year drought that has caused a terrible water shortage, making private toilets unthinkable. All restroom activities are done in public toilets controlled by a mega company called “Urine Good Company” (or UGC). In order to control water consumption, people have to pay to use the restroom.  The lesser fortunate masses huddle in line at the poorest, filthiest urinal in town, Public Amenity #9, which is run by the rigid, harshly authoritarian Penelope Pennywise and her assistant, dashing young helper Bobby Strong.

Bailey Caldwell (10) played one of The Poor,  “Yes, the show is successful, we just had opening night and were getting ready for our next show. My character is basically the dumb one, so it was fun. The main plot is “the poor” finally revolt against the laws they’ve had for years.”

The revolt angers the leaders of Urinetown and the police, “My favorite part is the cop song. It’s when I get to show my true acting abilities. It’s also when a whole scene is dedicated to me. It’s been kind of hard to put together, the journey to make it so successful took longer than expected but arrived on time. I love being one of the cops because Barrel (his character) holds nothing back and always speaks his word.” Savion Romero (10) said.

Katie Moraja (9) played an old man, the father of the main character who gets in trouble for trying to go pee for free, “Yeah I really like the play. I think the plot is really interesting and a great examination of the possible ecological disaster that we could be heading towards, and I’m really glad to be a part of it.”

Actors in the play have spent many hours preparing to give a flawless performance, “We take about 2 months to fully prepare the show counting building sets, and making costumes,” said Bailey Caldwell.

"If you want to pee, you have to get past me."

1 Comment

One Response to “Urine Town: Playing now at EHS”

1. Buycialis on March 16th, 2018 6:11 am

@ James Joyner : These Federal judges have their own private restrooms to use. They should not be telling the people how to run their restrooms. If I own a business, it is up to me if I want to make restrooms available, and to have a set of rules for usage. Most women I know will not use the men”s room unless it is some emergency. And even then they wipe down the toilet seat and handles thoroughly. Men should use the men”s room. Women should use the women”s restroom. That is the way it has always been. There is no confusion about that. Signs in restrooms: “Fixtures installed by Bill Johnwater Plumbing Contractor” “Restroom cleaned and maintained by Plushbottoms Maintenance” “This restroom inspected by Fred Philpott, county health inspector” Read “Under the Stalls” by Seymore Butz 0 2

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

Student Life

Acid/Base reaction lesson in full color

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

School

A nature walk around the TEC campus (in spring)

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

News

Second Chances: A 79-year-old Veteran will walk during EHS graduation

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

School

Rachel’s Challenge: A day without hate

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

School

Teacher photo essay: EHS at its best

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

Student Life

How to make a birthday a big deal

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

News

Talk of gravitation pulls students in

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

Student Life

Get your tickets to Prom (soon) Time is running out!

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

News

Photo essay: Students rocket to success in Physics

• Urine Town: Playing now at EHS

Videos

PirateTV announcements for April 2nd, 2018

The student news site of Englewood High School
Urine Town: Playing now at EHS