The Pirateer

Filed under Showcase, Videos

EHS announcements 1/16/19

Peer tutoring, the spring play, choir auditions and sports action this week.

Hello and welcome to the Pirate TV announcements. Im Vivian cedillo and im Carlos Martinez.

Peer tutoring should run as usual on Thursday for the FIRST half of the session. If you get a Purple pass, head to the library after checking in with your seminar teacher.

Rehearsals are underway for the spring play Fiddler on the roof. It’s about life among the Jewish community of a pre-revolutionary Russian village. A poor milkman, determined to find good husbands for his five daughters, consults the traditional matchmaker – and also has a word or two with God. It is set in 1905 in Russia. Look for the play performances in March.

“Mark your calendars! Auditions for the 2019-2020 Choir groups begin after school today Wed., Jan. 16th in the Choir Room. Sign up for an audition time slot on the Choir Room Door in the Fine Arts Hallway. Anyone interested in a non-audition Interview instead may sign up for a simple 2-minute slot. Auditions are Jan. 16, Jan. 29, and Feb. 6. Any questions? Please come and talk to Mrs. Saddler in the choir room.

The cheerleaders are selling water bottles for the basketball season for $1. You can find us at lunch after school or in the halls.

Each Friday morning, starting this Friday, the senior class representatives will be selling coffee and hot coco and other items for $1 before school.

Seniors, please make sure to turn in your parent page information this week. There is a wait list for spots and those will go to the next in line if you haven’t turned in your pictures and parent statement by Friday. See Ms Shotts in room 2119 if you have any questions.

In sports, The Englewood varsity swimming team has a conference meet versus Kent Denver” today @ 4. Good luck to them.

Boys basketball plays an away game against Skyview on Thursday, the girls are home against Skyview Thursday as well.

Varsity swimming team has an away non-conference meet @ Thomas Jefferson on Friday, January 18 @ 4:15p

Varsity wrestling team has a non-conference meet “JV Far Northeast Warriors Tournament” on Saturday, January 19 @ 9a.

That’s all we have this week. Have a great one. As always, get the latest news at EHS by following us on twitter and facebook and take a look at featured stories on the pirateer. Com