EHS students are sound in body and mind

Pirateer Staff

Often we hear most about our students that excel in the classroom but with a wide range of Career and Technical (CTE) classes, Body Building, Athletic Training, and Medical Sciences offerings, it is important to recognize students who show grit and progress in these other disciplines.
Nate Gravagno (r) has seen his weight room efforts pay off for his track competitions. Tim Maestas (l) broke the all-time deadlift record with a lift of 460 lbs
Teacher Drew Chiacchieri makes fitness a priority in his classes that include TEC Physical Education, Weight Lifting and Strength & Conditioning.
Chiacchieri brings expertise in Certified Exercise Physiologist-ACSM and is a Sports Performance Coach for USA Weightlifting. Student benefit from these qualifications by learning the proper techniques in the weight room. They will benefit from these skills for the rest of their lives.
Each semester, Chiacchieri gives out awards to those students who have set lofty goals and reached them by the end of the school year.  The criteria to win the award and shirt are as follows: Always dressed out, 90% attendance, always working hard, always working on the assigned tasks, setting and achieving goals.

Tim Maestas (l) broke the all-time deadlift record with a lift of 460 lbs.
Andrew Fieger (r) set new personal records.
Tim Maestas broke the all-time deadlift record with a lift of 460 lbs
Andrew Fieger set new personal records
Nate Gravagno has seen his weight room efforts pay off for his track competitions
Lihnda Casica-Rotunno set new women records in the weight room.
“I’m very proud of these students who pushed themselves hard this spring,” beamed Mr. Chiacchieri with pride.