The student news site of Englewood High School

The Pirateer

The Pirateer

The Pirateer

EHS Bleacher Report

Sports news as fall wraps up

Hello and welcome to EHS Bleacher Report, Pirates at Play. 

Fall sports have been a roller coaster of ups and downs this year but are coming to an end. It is time to wrap up each season. Some are done and some are chasing the playoffs. The show starts now.

(music) 

Englewood Football takes on The Classical Academy on Thursday at 7 p.m. at home in Penn Stadium. The team is 4-2 on the season. The athletes are coming off a big win against Alameda 40-0. It is senior night, and football players, and cheerleaders are honored for their hard work the past four years. Joselyn Abrego has our story. 

(pkg)

(tag)The student section should dress in Pink, It is a pink out for breast cancer awareness. 

The boy’s cross-country team finished 8th out of 20 teams at their home meet this weekend. 7 out of 8 runners ran personal bests for 5k, led by Jack McGirl’s 10th place finish. He is only a sophomore and showing great promise. Camilla Perez Cervantes has more with McGirl and other runners.

(PKG)

The team returns to action this Saturday at the Frontier League championship.

Volleyball is wrapping up its season in the next two weeks. The varsity team is still getting used to the new teams on the roster but grew stronger as the season continued. On Thursday the team is on the road to Kipp Denver, then on Monday they head to Bennett.  

Mieke (mee-kah) Waanders (wanders) is the senior catcher for EHS softball. She is what we call an all-around athlete. She also plays shortstop and is someone the athletes look up to. Jason Selby has more.

(pkg)

(tag) The season ended with a nearly even win-loss record. 

EHS boys soccer is chasing the playoffs with a 5-6-1 on the season. Brandon Mendoza, Miguel Rodriguez, and Marco Lopez lead the charge. Danny Tobias has the story.

(pkg)

Playoffs start at the end of October. 

The golf team wrapped up its first season with a tournament at Broken Tee. The team got stronger as the season went on. This is the first time in several years that boys golf is an option for athletes. 

That’s all the time we have, for all the sports highlights from the season, go to thepirateer.com. Have a great day.